Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Sphinx Moth Cocoon

So this big ass guy needed a bit of an explanation. I thought I was in the twilight zone. This "thing" was hugh!Well after a bit of research i found out that this is? It is called a sphinx moth cocoon. 2 to 3 inches long and about a half inch wide.


The "handle" on the right side is actually a sheath protecting the developing proboscis - that certainly gives you an idea of the size of the moth that will emerge.






What a way to get back to blogging here about the garden.I found this in my raised garden down by the house.

I am going to just put it back I do not like the idea of putting it in jar jail.








 So next time you see one of these and have a heart attack like I did do not fret my friend it is all good!

They say that once they become a moth sometimes you can not ell the difference between these and hummingbirds.
















Crazy Wow










No comments:

Post a Comment

Dig in