Wednesday, February 13, 2013

I smell spring and wine (bottles)

 What a beautiful evening a nice night for a glass of sparkling delicious wine.



 Yup re-use everything we can. I do not know where I found this idea but there are a million different sites. I think I saw it in Mary Jane magazine. Well who cares. I am not a wine drinker but my Mama is and so our the kids. So little by little I hope to get this border done by Spring. There are a lot of border's that have the bottle sticking half way out , some down to the ground .I left about a quarter or the bottom of the bottle out. I did not want to take a chance on them breaking or getting hit by a took when I am gardening. I am my own worse enemy when it comes to damage,cuts and bruises.



I made the decision to make the border around what is going to be my Cutting Flower garden.












I already planted some daffodils and some of the seeds from Casey's garden the hollyhock flower's.




So to do this clever little garden you only need a shovel , wine bottles and soil to re-fill it with.
I use a post hole digger it is a thinner shovel but any shovel will do. Just dig a ditch the size of the bottles set the bottles side by side and fill in.




The two dog's helpers yes indeed. This is another on going project so I will keep updating it. You could really use any bottles when you think of it. I thought the color ones would be nice when the sun shines on them. But in an after thought the sun will not shine through the bottle duhh...

Alrighty then glad to be back on the garden site.

Happy Dirt you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dig in