Friday, May 20, 2011

Herbs

Herbs

I do not know much about Herbs. I think that it is something they teach about in chef school. That is not in my budget this year.

 I have planted yet again this year with help from this facebook page Growing Herbs for Beginners ...Dill...Basil...Oregano... to start I planted what I would use the most...


So with that I am going to start this summer cooking my meals that call out for herb two ways. One is plain prior to the herb and the other will be with the herb. Herbs are funny we all know the taste and know how to add them but really what are they about? Perhaps I am being silly but I want to know more. I think this is my best bet to get the taste of them ….So when I cook I will cook the meal and keep a tiny bit of food out plain. Then cook with the herb added . I do have one of my cook book from back in the day all about Herbs. This time I am not making any big promised to do a meal a day good lord it is so time consuming my heart goes out to the cooks around the world in restaurants. One a week at least I will post on my cooking site Just Maz and here what we are eating....Well good luck to me

2 comments:

  1. Well I for one can't wait to see how you like (or don't) the differences and I'll be watching BOTH of your sites! I have some definite herb favorites... and those I really don't care for!
    Thanks for sharing us :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad I found your blog =) Your herbs look fantastic!! ~Pammy

    ReplyDelete

Dig in