Friday, May 20, 2011

Driftwood and Veggies

The Cauliflower
Lettuce


The Brussels
Ya think she is comfortable


Sweet Peas

 I have been very busy in the yard I have gotten the melon area going and I think it is just hot enough to see some little babies coming up. I planted my beans and the next day a rabbit or something dug the beans up and ate them..go figure …The mulch piles are doing great. My mulch piles are made up of Horse manure- grass clipping all the scrapes fro the kitchen this make for soil of GOLD….The boysenberries are doing well I think next year there will be a better crop this year I have eaten three. To watch me eat those three was Like they are dark chocolate filled caramel num numz….

The cauliflower is so big and I want it to stay in the ground long enough to make it to fair.
The lettuce is being eaten every day and is so delicious. Once you have picked your food out of the dirt you never go back.  The brussel sprouts are doing good but they get little bugs sometimes I spray them with my homemade spray here is the recipe if you want to make some. As you can see Angel the senior dog has made herself comfortable in my raised garden it is one of the new ones I carved out of the hill. The sweet peas are doing really well and I found some other flowers mixed in so I moved them .... Ok enough for now happy gardening



This is the one that was mixed in with the Sweet Peas
Awesome driftwood





I go for walks when I am near a beach and on the last few walks I have gathered driftwood and placed it in my yard here are a few shots of the wood ….the one by the Gnome is his walking stick he fell asleep and the stick is still there.

I have been very busy in the yard I have gotten the melon area going and I think it is just hot enough to see some little babies coming up. I planted my beans and the next day a rabbit or something dug the beans up and ate them..go figure …The mulch piles are doing great. My mulch piles are made up of Horse manure- grass clipping all the scrapes fro the kitchen this make for soil of GOLD….The boysenberries are doing well I think next year there will be a better crop this year I have eaten three. To watch me eat those three was Like they are dark chocolate filled caramel num numz….

The cauliflower is so big and I want it to stay in the ground long enough to make it to fair.
The lettuce is being eaten every day and is so delicious. Once you have picked your food out of the dirt you never go back.  The brussel sprouts are doing good but they get little bugs sometimes I spray them with my homemade spray here is the recipe if you want to make some. As you can see Angel the senior dog has made herself comfortable in my raised garden it is one of the new ones I carved out of the hill. The sweet peas are doing really well and I found some other flowers mixed in so I moved them .... Ok enough for now happy gardening

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dig in